We are so blessed to have Lindsey as one of our "tried and true" MOPS moms (she was also the coordinator last year). She is amazingly talented and she donated her time to share her story and give us all her guidance in painting a beautiful fall painting. It is so amazing how each one turned out so different. Our unique styles all showed through!
The excitement must have really taken over because we didn't get a picture with our winner of the best dish! BLOG-FAIL, but we did get you the good stuff - THE RECIPE, so you can't be too mad at us, right! Sarah Fellers made an amazing pumpkin roll which swept the votes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Beat in remaining cake ingredients.
- Grease a 10"x15" jelly roll pan. Line pan with waxed paper, then grease and lightly flour the waxed paper.
- Pour batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. *Cake cooks fast so watch carefully to avoid burning the edges.
- While cake is baking, sprinkle powdered sugar heavily over the kitchen towel, using a sieve or sifter.
- Turn hot cake onto the towel.
- Remove waxed paper. Trim off burnt or crusty edges.
- Sprinkle more powdered sugar over the hot cake and quickly roll up with towel inside. Let cake cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling by beating together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Unroll cooled cake and spread with the filling mixture. Roll up cake with filling on the inside. Wrap in waxed paper and then foil.
- Refrigerate or freeze. To serve, slice cake about 1/3 inch thick and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Note - cake cuts best when still slightly frozen.
We hope that you all can make it out today where we will be hearing from Caring Solutions and making another great craft! See you there!